Geldeston Lock

About

The Geldeston Lock was built around 1670 to enable trading wherries to reach Bungay and is one of only two on the Broads system. Closed in 1934 and slowly deteriorating since then, the Beccles group together with the Inland Waterways Association began to restore the lock in 2013.

Related links:
Restoration unearths buried treasure
History of the lock

Visit

Map

Volunteering

Volunteering info

Contact

Bernard Watson or Andy Mackney